Monday, August 27, 2012

Memories and Pedistals

Memories and Pedistals

I've come to the conclusion
That I live in the past
With a "real world" revolation
I see my relationships never last
I bring forward her a chariot
Then quickly point out all her flaws
It's my way, or the highway
I do it without cause
Ex-girlfriends on pedistals
One more than the rest
Your flogging a dead horse here
You can't compete with the best
Memory is a cruel bitch
It's getting better with age
I've been with her, am no more
The fact that fuel my inner rage
You, the unspoken, never undersood
Misdirected artistic strife
I wish now that you leave me
Let me get on with my life
In retro-spect I realize
Shadows of my past
I see they feed the demons
Which breed the memories
Of a love that just can't last

Jimbo
7-21-2010

mental elf: 2010
All copyrights remains with the author

No comments:

Post a Comment