Friday, August 10, 2012

Memories of You

you were my first true girlfriend
i loved having you by my side
we had an affinity for each other
you made me feel so dignified
i drew pictures of you
you were my infatuation
i broke my hand, when you broke my heart
the lesson was a hard realization

we met at the school assembly
just as you planned for us to do
you are the gift of the magi
i never even had a clue
you took my virginity
I think i stole your heart
you were loyal, but i was broken
i just couldn't play the part

everything i owned was abandoned
even kissed my car good-bye
you were a rock & roll hottie
i was all about those thighs
our relationship lost it's luster
our passion became blase
i was beyond discontented
for the best, we went seperate ways

you were a benevilent Korean
i loved you and you loved me
you showed me what life was
your heart was open, but i didn't see
i cheated on you, and lost your trust
my second lesson, brings me to tears
instead of picking up the pieces
i ran away from those fears

i met you when your daughter was 3
a year later i considered her my own
you were there when i bought my blazer
and again when i paid off the loan
you are the star tattoos on my shoulder
you brought to life our skie
we couldn't go the distance
nobody can say we didn't try

you all have left your mark on me
may my memories of you not wane
i have gathered all that you have left me
inspiration, passion, love and pain
i will protect these thought of you
i feel i have too, that i must
if the hands of time has its way
my memories will turn to dust


j.achey
6-10-09


�mental elf: 2009
�All copyrights remains with the author

No comments:

Post a Comment