Wednesday, August 8, 2012

My Blue Heaven

My Blue Heaven

Script in my hand
I just got it filled
Heavens essence
In Little blue pills
I eat a Valium
Then fade into the night
I fall to sleep soon
I give in, without fight

I double the dosage
And drink some beers
Day 2 is here
I have no fears
The night is longer
I get a sweet bend
Everything is awesome
The pills are my friend

Every day the dosage doubles
Everything seems so great
My mind a half a step slow
Having trouble trying to relate
Eating too many now
I'm almost out
I know I am losing control
Of that, I have no doubt

These little blue Valiums have me
I've dug myself a hole
I'm not Nancy Reagan
I've no will to "just say no!"
The bottle is empty
It shattered against the wall
I'm so fucked up now
I prepare for the fall

I lament the loss of my bottle
I prefer to be isolated
My attitude heinous
My health, degraded
My girlfriend has left me
All my friends, given up
On the road to recovery
Cold turkey effect, so abrupt

j.achey
11-28-05

No comments:

Post a Comment